POSITION Executive Administrative Assistant
LOCATION Oakland, CA or New York, NY
At The Workers Lab, we support the creation of an economy that works for everybody. An economy that grows leaps and bounds not by short changing those who work tirelessly in our stores, restaurants, fields, and homes, but grows because we provide them living wages, benefits, security, and power in the places they spend the best years of their lives- work. We want to fulfill the long held promise that if you work you will not only survive in the US, but you will thrive.
We are the nation’s first innovation laboratory investing directly into entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations that promise to build power for people who work in the US.
The Workers Lab (TWL) is looking for a virtual Executive Administrative Assistant who will be reporting to the CEO, Managing Director, and Director of Operations and Finance. You will support The Workers Lab by providing high-level administrative and logistical support. The Executive Administrative Assistant will focus on flexibly and responsively addressing day-to-day and longer-term needs to sustain the efforts of the organization. Responsibilities include:
- Manage and optimize the extremely active calendars of the CEO and Managing Directors, ensuring they reflect their priorities and preferences;
- Prioritizing internal and external scheduling requests
- Prepare materials, research, and background information for conferences and meetings
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, assuming responsibilities for all logistics
- Support projects including all-staff calls, meetings, and retreats
- Navigate deadline pressures adeptly and with a clear understanding of priorities
Board Support and Liaison
- Serve as the CEOs administrative liaison to the Board of Directors, schedule Board and Board committee meetings in a timely manner
- Assist board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board of Director matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Board members
- Executive assistant experience required
- At least 3 years experience in a high pressure, fast paced working environment
- Deep interest in the behind-the-scenes workings of organizations
- Discretion, judgment and flexibility about overall priorities, day-to-day tasks, and sensitive conversations
- Comfort working with diverse range of people
- Exceptional organization skills, high level of efficiency, and ability to manage operations and multiple projects at one time with precision
- An unwavering commitment to getting things right
- Experience using: Google Mail, Calendar, and Docs/Drive; Dropbox; Microsoft Word; Salesforce is a plus
- Please apply via email to email@example.com.
- Cover letters should be addressed to Carmen Rojas, CEO, and should include a resume that addresses relevant experience.
The Workers Lab is an equal opportunity employer.